Pastor of Family Ministries
- Job Ref: op_001
- Location: Airdrie, Alberta
- Address: 109 East Lake Blvd Airdrie, Alberta T4A 1R3
- Website: www.graceairdrie.ca
- Salary: TBD
- Hours: Full time
To shepherd and guide children, youth, and young adults at Grace Baptist Church to a deeper connection with God, one another, and the community.
- Acts 20:28 – “Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.
- Proverbs 22:6 – “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
- God has formed the family to be the bedrock of society and discipleship.
- Most decisions to follow Jesus are made between childhood and young adulthood.
- Young adults are in their formable years and need God’s guidance in future careers and marriage.
- Meets the biblical requirements for leadership as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Agrees with the purpose, mission, vision, and statement of faith for Grace Airdrie.
- Willing to serve in the Canadian National Baptist Convention and Whispering Pines Bible Camp.
- Is committed to growing spiritually and in setting a Christlike example.
- Is committed to taking out membership at Grace Baptist Church.
- Is committed to leading young people to Jesus and growing young leaders for God’s kingdom.
- Is committed to working alongside the lead pastor and a team of directors and volunteers.
- Has a post-secondary education in youth ministry, theology, or equivalent training/experience.
- Attends the staff meetings, provides input, and works as a team of leaders.
- Is willing to relocate to Airdrie, Alberta.
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching, shepherding, and evangelism.
- Heart and passion for working with younger families both in the church and community.
- Ability to recruit volunteers, develop a vision, and engage both youth and parents.
- Personality that is engaging, understanding, and compassionate.
- Experienced in children, youth, and young adult ministries.
1. To Disciple Children, Youth, and Young Adults
- Support and work alongside parents to disciple their children.
- Design a strategy and framework to disciple children, youth, and young adults.
- Incorporate the purpose, mission, and vision of Grace Airdrie into family ministries.
- Identify and develop the gifts and leadership abilities of children, youth, and young adults.
2. To Oversee Ministry Directors and Recruit Volunteers
- Work with the Children’s Director to provide programs and events for children (0-12).
- Work with the Youth Director to provide programs and events for youth (13-18).
- Work with the Young Adult Director to provide programs and events for young adults (18-25).
- Identify and recruit volunteers to work in children, youth, and young adult ministries.
- Administer the plan to protect program to ensure safety for children, youth, and volunteers.
- Prepare the annual budget for family ministries (including children, youth, and young adults).
3. To Shepherd Younger Families
- Provide training seminars and workshops for directors, volunteers, and parents.
- Provide visitation to families to support and encourage them.
- Develop and build relationships with families and schools in the community.
- Organize events that will engage families in the church and community together.
- Produce a four-month calendar of activities to be communicated to parents and leadership.
- Submit a monthly report to the Lead Pastor of highlights, recommendations, and concerns.
- Preach on Sunday morning or special services as needed.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in other pastoral tasks as requested.
- The Pastor of Family Ministries is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
- Hours of work are based on 40 hours per week, including Sunday.
- Salary and benefits are based on Grace Baptist Church’s compensation policy.
- Holidays, days off, and leave are based on Grace Baptist Church’s leave policy.
- Ministry expenses (e.g. mileage, hospitality, ministry) are compensated.
How to apply
Those who are interested in this position should send a resume, testimony of their spiritual journey, and a philosophy of ministry and statement of faith if available to Dr. John Harrison at Email Link. Resumes received before July 31, 2020 will be given first consideration, or until a suitable candidate is found.