School of World Discipleship, HMS Director (1.0)
- Job Ref: op_002
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Salary: TBD
- Hours: Full time
The successful candidate for this position will be passionate about discipleship and leading ministry teams and short term missions teams. The primary area of focus will be the one year missions and discipleship program (HMS) as well as supporting the vision and programs of the School or World Discipleship. (SWD face book) (SWD Instagram)( http://www.vanguardcollege.com/programs/missions/ ) This individual will be responsible for providing servant leadership to the HMS program. Central to the role of the HMS Director is pastoring/mentoring young adults, investing in the lives of the students through discipleship, teambuilding and life changing ministry/missions experiences.
- 1. Serve in a pastoral capacity to positively influence the lives of the students under their care to deepen their walk with God and discover Gods amazing plan of their lives.
- 2. Give primary leadership to the implementation of the HMS program. To work with the SWD Leadership Team to strengthen the program.
- 3. Co-ordinate and lead outreach, ministry, and missions efforts of the HMS program.
- 4. Support and facilitate recruitment and promotion for Vanguard’s HMS and other SWD missions programs.
- 5. Support and strengthen the goals of the School of World Discipleship
DutiesThe duties of the HMS Director will include but are not limited to:
- Pastoral Care/Discipleship
- Ministry/Missions Leadership (Nationally and Internationally) - Alberta, Canada and Asia
- Teaching Discipleship and Practical Ministry Courses
- Effective Administration of the HMS Program
- Recruitment/Promotions of the HMS Program
A related Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution combined with related experience is required. Other education and or ministry/missions qualifications will be considered.
Credentials with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada or the ability to attain such credentials are preferred. Individuals should also have an aptitude and passion for pastoral ministry with a strong desire to journey with students through the discipleship process and ministry/missions training and on-field experiences.
This is either a full-time contract position for one year till June 30th 2018 or a full-time permanent position depending on the qualifications of the successful candidate. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. The job description is available on request.
How to apply
Closing Date: June 15, 2017
Please email resume and covering letter to:
Human Resources: Vanguard College